Best Essential Oils to Boost Creativity
Creativity is a phenomenon whereby something new and valuable is formed. It is the use of the imagination, especially in the production of artistic work. The normal stresses of life, laziness, or being overwhelmed are just some of the reasons we fall into a creative block. Eventually, these creative juices come back, but what if we could speed up this process? This is where essential oils can play a role. In this article, we will dive into the best essential oils to boost creativity.
How do Essential Oils Work with the Body?
Aromatherapy can be used in many different facets whether it be for health, relaxation, massage, focus, and even for creativity.
The two methods essential oils can work directly with our brains are through inhalation or absorption.
Inhalation: During inhalation, odor molecules travel through the nose and affect the brain through a variety of receptor sites, one of which is the limbic system, which is commonly referred to as the "emotional brain". The limbic system is directly connected to those parts of the brain that control heart rate, blood pressure, breathing, memory, stress levels, and hormone balance. This relationship helps explain how essential oils can evoke a certain emotion or mindset.
Skin Application: Skin is permeable and the active ingredients in essential oils are absorbed through the skin. Heat or massage can enhance the absorption of the essential oils.
How Can Essential Oils Boost Creativity?
As noted above, essential oils can increase creativity by stimulating specific messages to the brain to boost a positive mindset or relaxation, which then can foster a creative or artistic mood. It is often overlooked, but one's sense of smell can be an important tool for creativity. The more times you experience a particular scent, the more you can connect it with a specific memory.
Experimenting with scents that make you feel positive, relaxed, or euphoric, can then manifest a mental environment where your creativity can flourish. Try adding a few drops of your favorite blend to your diffuser while you work.
Testing out and experimenting with essential oils is something I love to do. Learning about new oils and blends can be so exciting because of the new feelings and emotions they can evoke for me. Below, I will note my personal favorite essential oils that increase my creativity.
Best Essential Oils for Creativity
- Peppermint: Peppermint oil powerfully affects and improves mental clarity and raises energy levels. It invigorates the mind, promotes concentration
- Grapefruit: A sweet, invigorating scent that associates the essential oil with feelings of joy, satisfaction, and playfulness
- Black Pepper: Used in our own Energy Nasal Inhaler, black pepper enhances alertness and stamina through spice
- Lavender: This essential oil has calming properties that help control emotional stress, which enhances mood and induces relaxation
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon is used in quite a few of our blends. Cinnamon warms the body, increases blood flow to the brain, and can help fight mental fatigue
- Bergamot: A very uplifting and balancing scent - encourages motivation, joy, creativity, harmony
- Lemon: This scent promotes concentration and has calming and clarifying properties because of its bright and fresh scent
- Cypress: Cypress can help you focus and increase your self-awareness while keeping you calm and relaxed
A creative mindset is a beautiful mindset. Finding natural, holistic approaches to nourish this mindset can be very beneficial. The key is to find scents that you enjoy the most, which can help you be the most productive. If you have any questions about our unique essential oil blends, we are always here to help recommend what blends would work for you. We love hearing from our customers and we will do absolutely everything to ensure your satisfaction.